Saturday, December 6, 2014

Artist Research: Camille Rose Garcia





I recently discovered this artist. Her work is utterly bizarre, but in a good way. There is an incredibly amount of chaos in her paintings; you're not quite sure what to focus on. Her colors are very saturated and bold. They honestly look like someone's idea of an acid trip. But I am really drawn to them.



I would describe her art as gothic fantasy. Some of the imagery I feel I recognize from children's books. I know she did illustrate her own version of Alice in Wonderland (1st image). I really enjoy her boldness and the sense of narrative you get despite the craziness.



Her pieces are so surreal, and look a bit nightmarish. I definitely admire her consistency in her rather distinct style.

No comments:

Post a Comment