Sunday, October 26, 2014

Mid-term Self-Evaluation

Thus far, I am mostly happy with my work. I like how the portraits are turning out. I really enjoyed making use of both colored pencil and ink and I think that I will continue to use both materials. One thing that I would like to try is going bigger with my paper. Probably not too much larger, but maybe at least 24x36'', or something around there. I'm also considering using soft pastels for the big piece, since colored pencils take a while to build up color and value. I might go for two large drawings by the end of the semester and 3 more smaller ones, hopefully more if I manage my time well. I definitely want to incorporate a few full figure drawings, since I've only done up to the bust in my portraits so far. I'm thinking about experimenting with watercolor, and maybe acrylic as well, in some of the smaller drawings. I want to try to push myself with developing darker values, since I tend to make my drawings too light with not much contrast. I really do like the direction my art is headed and I'm excited to see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment