Monday, October 13, 2014

Artist Quote

EDWARD HOPPER
“So many people say painting is fun. I don’t find it fun at all. It’s hard work for me.”

I find this to be accurate regarding my experience making art. As much as I love the final product and knowing that my efforts paid off, I don't really like the process of getting there. I second guess myself all the time and wonder if I'm painting or drawing the right way, or that I'm somehow missing something important. I have to force myself to draw or paint. Sometimes I get in the "zone" and it comes easy for me, mostly when I know what needs to be done or when I'm not worrying about how it will turn out. Most of the time, it's like I'd rather be doing something else, no matter how trivial or mundane. It's strange (not to mention stressful) how I have this love/hate relationship with my work, but I can't imagine myself doing anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment