Saturday, November 22, 2014

Artist Research: Donato Giancola



I just recently discovered this artist, Donato Giancola, and I am simply amazed by his skill and talent. His work is so imaginative and his level of detail is insane. He draws inspiration from the old masters of painting, like Caravaggio, Vermeer, William Bouguereau, and Hans Memling. When I look at his paintings, I am definitely reminded of baroque and renaissance art.





His work is very dramatic. I can really get the sense of the narrative that he is conveying. The way he paints light and shadows is incredibly beautiful. I enjoy the areas of saturated color, which add nice contrast.



Giancola's paintings transport you into another world, making you part of the story he weaves. I love how each part of his painting is interesting, not just the focal area, but everywhere in the painting. There's always something to catch your eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment